I suffer with anxiety, very recently I learnt that crazy mood swings are a huge part of this. Anxiety isn’t the most understood issue in the world, but I have come across so many people who suffer from it, I feel like we should be more open about it. If you had a broken leg you wouldn’t be embarrassed to tell people would you? – Unless of course theres a hilarious story to go along side it.
One thing that really bugs me is when people throw the word ‘anxiety’ around. You can be anxious without having an anxiety disorder. If you’ve ever had a panic attack you’ll know what anxiety really is. Anxiety isn’t a one size fits all disorder, everyone is different. Just because someone seems to be ok, doesn’t mean they actually are. Some people with anxiety are amazing at hiding it and deserve an oscar.
Sometimes for no reason I have bad days where even the idea of going to the shop makes me feel awful. I try and push myself to do things that make me feel uncomfortable, which is doing great things for me however it makes me feel physically and mentally exhausted. When I get to this point these are the 10 things I do to cheer myself up.
- Make up – I like to wash my face, calm down and sit for an hour or so playing around with different make up techniques. I don’t know why but having a face full of fleeky make up makes me feel so much better.
- TAN! – I use Madame LALA Tan and it is my favourite. It doesn’t stain my bedsheets like others do, as it dries so quickly. I always feel better with a tan.
- Watch funny videos of animals on YouTube, or if you’d rather watch your favourite vlogger, or spot squeezing video. These are my guilty pleasures I hate myself for it but I cant get enough of them! YUK!
- TV – the best thing to do is distract yourself. My go to TV show is Family Guy, I can’t get enough of it. It instantly cheers me up.
- Write down, or think about all the things you are grateful for.
- Go to the nearest shop and get your favourite snack, this should be something you wouldn’t usually have so it is an extra nice treat for when you really need a pick me up.
- Have a bath – you can be in the bath with your favourite LUSH bath bomb, reading for favourite book or browsing the Internet. I wouldn’t recommend going in there empty handed as you’ll be alone in your own head which sometimes isn’t always best when you’re not in the best place. However if this works for you, do it.
- Pet the nearest animal, they’re very clever they know when you’re upset.
- Make a cake – even if they don’t turn out to be the prettiest you can still eat them after!
- Pinterest – look on there and inspire yourself. Make a Wishlist of where you want to go, or something you’d like to make. It’s a great way to get your creative juices flowing. If that doesn’t work search funny memes or quotes from your favourite movie.
I hope you have enjoyed this post, it’s a little different than normal. Let me know the things you like to do to cheer you up let me know as I’d love to add them to my list!
Lots of Love Amy x